Do Not Ignore 5 Health Warnings Your Fingernails May Be Sending
The color, the shape, the thickness … all these properties of the nails can direct you to many health problems.
They may be a warning to some serious health problems. Their color, irregularity, stains and thickness can be an alert for some internal problems.
- The color of nails – Healthy nails should be pink and white with a white crescent of the nail root. Green nails are a sign of bacterial infection. The red lines on the nails are a sign of a problem with the heart. Nails turned blue show that you lack oxygen in the blood. Lifeless nails are a sign of a lack of vitamins. White nails warn you that you may have a problem with the liver, and dark spots on the top of the nails are a sign of aging.
- Thick nails – Thick nails are neither natural nor common. If you nails significantly overweight, that may be associated with lung problems. Thick nails with furrows can occur as a result of a fungal infection, and a cracked nail, separated in the mid, can be a sign of problems with the thyroid gland. Unusually thick nails are a result of poor circulation
- Cracked nails – Cracked nails and their regular cracking are due to deficiency of folic acid, vitamin C and protein. Psoriasis as a phenomenon, in 10 percent of cases begins in nails, when roots have white spots. Cracked nails are sometimes associated with chronic nourishing.
- Curved Nails – If your nails are curved outwards and create a shape similar to a spoon and are even thinner, it may be a sign of too little or too much iron or a heart disease.
- Furrows on the nails – This unpleasant phenomenon indicates psoriasis or a disease which causes hair loss.
Do Not Ignore 5 Health Warnings Your Fingernails May Be Sending Reviewed by Anna Li on 10:32:00 AM Rating: