Dragon Tonic – Universal Remedy and Natural Infusion
The Dragon Tonic, also known as “dragoncheekbone” or “fiery tonic”, is greatly valued among herbalists. This infusion of apple cider contains powerful anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties and it has the ability to boost immunity and improve circulation and digestion.
It easily integrates in one’s daily diet by significantly boosting the immunity and stimulating digestion.
This tonic is especially known for its ability to prevent inflammations and symptoms of common cold and flu, as well as to maximally shorten the healing process in case of a disease.
Have in mind that this tonic needs to steep for about a month.
Here’s the recipe:
Dragon Tonic – Recipe
Preparation time: 25 min
- ½ cup ginger root (peeled and cut in cubes)
- ½ cup horseradish root (peeled and cut in cubes)
- ½ cup turmeric root (peeled and cut in cubes) or ¼ cup horseradish (additionally)
- ½ cup garlic (cleaned and cut)
- ¼ cup onion (cleaned and cut)
- 2 chili peppers (cut)
- lemon zest and lemon juice of 2 unsprayed organic lemons
- 500 ml of apple cider
- honey (optional)
Additions according to one’s liking (optional):
- a few sprigs of fresh rosemary or thyme
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
How to prepare it:
Take a glass jar and place the following ingredients in it: ginger, horseradish, onion, garlic, chili peppers, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
These ingredients should fill up ¾ of the jar. Pour the apple cider over them and make sure that it covers all ingredients so that you prevent their spoiling.
If you use a metal lid, place a piece of gauze or baking paper under it so that you prevent its erosion due to the acid.
Store the jar in a dark place, at room temperature, and let it steep for 2-4 weeks, or it would be best to leave it for a whole month.
When the Dragon Tonic is ready, stir it well and strain through gauze or fine strainer.
Add some honey to it, if you like, and keep it in the fridge or in a dry and cold place. It won’t expire for a long period.
For prevention, you should consume 1-2 tablespoons or every 3-4 hours in case of early symptoms of common cold and flu.
Children and pregnant women should consume it in smaller doses.
Here are a few extra ways in which you can use this tonic:
- as a healthy drink: a small glass (30 ml) should be consumed;
- as a tea: you should inhale the steam while drinking the tea in order to ease a stuffy nose;
- as a juice for children: a small amount mixed with freshly squeezed orange or lemon juice;
- as a marinade or salad dressing.
How This Tonic Works:
Apple cider: against fungal and bacterial infections;
Ginger root: cleanses the throat and eases stuffy nose;
Horseradish root: incites the body to free itself from excess mucus
Turmeric root: one of the most powerful spices;
Garlic, onion, lemon juice, chili peppers and honey: all of these contain powerful healing properties.
Dragon Tonic – Universal Remedy and Natural Infusion Reviewed by Anna Li on 10:33:00 AM Rating: